I came across this (former) même the other day and was amused. Aidan is my youngest. He’s 9 now (almost 10), but he was about 5 or 6 when he answered these questions. I find them sweet and developmentally fascinating. The answers are so self-focused, in that innocent 5-6 year old way, which is fun to remember. It’s also fun to reflect on how much Aidan has grown in the last few years. I’ll see if he might be willing to answer the questions again this year. I’d be curious how he would answer them now:
1. What is something Mom always says to you?
I love you.
2. What makes mom happy?
When I’m nice.
3. What makes mom sad?
When I hurt people.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
when she says funny stories
5. What did your mom like to do as a child?
6. How old is your mom?
41 . . . wait, 6! . . . wait . . .you? 41
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to watch on TV?
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
do stuff on the computer or works on her phone
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
being the best Mom ever
11. What is your mom really good at?
taking care of us
12. What is your mom not very good at?
getting us to school on time
13. What does your mom do for her job?
work on the computer
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
that she tries to get us to school on time
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
17. What do you and your mom do together?
18. How are you and your mom the same?
We hug each other a lot.
19. How are you and your mom different?
My Mom has brown eyes and I have blue eyes.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
She hugs me alot.
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
that he makes some money
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?